At CSW 2016 and in honor of Together for Girls’ #EveryHourMatters campaign, TfG invited global leaders to speak on a panel about the importance of rapid access to post-rape care.
Featured speakers included:
– Michele Moloney-Kitts, Together for Girls
– Zainab Khan, MALA: Muslim American Leadership Alliance
– Tania Farha, UN Women
– Isaiah Owolabi, HACEY’s Health Initiative
– Maureen Phiri, advocate for the eliminiation of sexual violence, Malawi
– Shinjini Das, youth advocate and media personality
Hundreds of millions of people—including many children—are subjected to sexual violence each year, yet very few survivors ever tell anyone about the experience or access health services or mental health support to help them heal. Many do not understand the importance of these services or the fact that, after a rape, every hour matters in preventing potentially lifelong health problems. This is an unacceptable reality we must all work together to change.